WP2 – Validation and Assessment
Lead beneficiary: WIKKI
- Analyse the industrial and high-impact applications as well as HPC Grand Challenges to derive micro benchmarks suitable for continuous assessment of the software components during development. The run-ready micro benchmarks will be delivered to WP3, WP4, WP5 and WP7.
- Define acceptance criteria for the industrial and high-impact applications as well as HPC Grand Challenges.
- Validate the developed software for industrial and high-impact applications as well as HPC Grand Challenges against the acceptance criteria.
- The applications and grand challenges will be derived from industry-based examples specified by the Observer Partners, representing the following application sectors:
- Aerospace: High-fidelity aerodynamic simulation of the NASA CRM aircraft model with deployed high-lift devices.
- Power generation: Gas turbines for power-plants, large scale internal combustion engines as well as turbomachinery.
- Automotive: External aerodynamics, calculating forces and moments of production vehicles in real-world attitude, shape optimisation using adjoints, aeroacoustics.
- Environmental (volcanology): Multiphase gas-particle turbulence in a stratified atmosphere, granular avalanches over complex 3D topography, fluid-dynamic gravitational instability of a multicomponent bubbly magma.
- Disaster (fire): Fire propagation, fire suppression and sprinkler modelling.
- Polymer processing: Multiphase flow of generalized Newtonian and viscoelastic materials.